This 4 hour tour includes fun, relaxed, commentary & wine history. All the vineyards in the north are family-run and our tour allows time to chat with the wine makers and enjoy the vineyard settings. Award winning, organic & many varieties the hot Northland climates offer it all.
Departing Paihia, enjoy a short drive past beaches, farmland and native bush to Kerikeri the citrus capital of NZ. Visit three vineyards tasting wines, port & liqueur. Enjoy a relaxed vineyard lunch (cost not included) over-looking the vines with fresh locally sourced ingredients. After lunch we visit Makana Confections Chocolate Factory and return to Paihia with your favourite bottle of wine.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).
- Outdoor eating - You can expect to be eating in the outdoors, which means finding a spot on the ground to sit and enjoy your meal - make the most of this ‘el fresco’ experience!