Perfect your kneading and bread-making techniques with the support of our chef in this one day weekend course. Making your own bread from scratch is a wonderful skill to have, and you’ll gain recipes and techniques you can use again and again.
At the end of the day you will come away with a large amount of fresh delicious bread to take home and enjoy sharing.
You’ll learn about working with different types of yeast, recognise and understand the important stages in bread making, and specialist techniques such as working with a starter and different loaf shapes.
RECIPES INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE:
Basic bread dough
Plaited white bread
Course requirements: You must be aged 17 and over
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).