Join our local community projects to restore streams and waterways across Auckland. Today Auckland Council is making an effort to restore some of its native beauty. So join us for community planting days where we will be planting native plants and trees.
Be a part of making some of our city’s most historic sites home to native species and a native paradise!
Meet our regular volunteers and help us plant some eco-sourced native plants.
All tools provided, just bring old clothes and stout shoes or boots. Planting is usually from 10am – 12pm followed by a free BBQ.
Click “Book Now” to find out available dates, or you can contact the team on 0800 56 76 86 or [email protected]
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Outdoor eating - You can expect to be eating in the outdoors, which means finding a spot on the ground to sit and enjoy your meal - make the most of this ‘el fresco’ experience!