The Piha Canyon is set in the picturesque hills behind Piha beach. In this steep-sided volcanic rock valley, there are a series of wonderful waterfalls that cascade their way down the valley towards the ocean – providing a spectacular setting for your adventure.
Experience the exhilaration of abseiling over the majestic Kitekite falls, as well as descending down a narrow slot canyon. It doesn’t stop there though, with a cave, jumps, and idyllic natural rock pools to swim in. Allowing you access to hidden pools and water sculptured gorges that are otherwise inaccessible.
We are privileged to operate in this awesome landscape and pride ourselves in providing you with a personalised tour of this canyon. A no-rush, explore at your own pace adventure! And don’t worry the jumps and cave are optional…
This mighty waterfall was historically used by the pioneers, who worked the canyon 100 years ago, harvesting the mighty Kauri logs and flushing them down from the hills via dam releases – Some of the old logs still remain embedded in the canyon today.
Includes a short visit to Piha Beach.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Outdoor eating - You can expect to be eating in the outdoors, which means finding a spot on the ground to sit and enjoy your meal - make the most of this ‘el fresco’ experience!