From the iconic kiwi to the giant wētāpunga, New Zealand is home to some of the rarest and most fascinating animals in the world. So, take an immersive journey through our unique wildlife at Te Wao Nui. Six stunning and immersive habitats that showcase more than 50 of our country’s natural treasures, all in the one place.
The whole world is here too…. Embark on a round-the-world journey of discovery. From the plains of Africa to the Sumatran jungle, we’ll make an explorer (and conservationist) of you before they day is over.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Turn your phone off - Make sure you don't use your phone while your guides are talking. If you need to make a call, please ask your guide/teacher first.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).