Explore the scenic area of Mission Bay beach as you glide across the glistening water in our sit on top Kayaks and Stand Up Paddle Boards.
This is the perfect time to slip into ultimate relax mode as you cruise along the shore – or if you’re after a bit of a fitness, speed it up and have a fun and exhilarating workout with a fantastic view of Auckland and the outer harbour!
We have a range of Kayak and Stand Up Paddle Boards for hire available at Mission Bay Watersports. Keep active, enjoy the unique views from the bay and have a great time paddling!
The perfect way get some fresh air and enjoy the beautiful Auckland waters – you’ll have an absolute blast!
**What to wear: **
Athletic clothing – this includes quick dry items and/or swim suits. **NO DENIM**! Heavy clothing, such as denim jeans, are not allowed for any watersports rentals. You may also wish to bring a towel and dry clothing for after.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).