Experience an on-the-ice encounter like no other, as you venture into the world’s largest sub-Antarctic penguin colony display!
Penguin Passport allows visitors to explore the wonderful snow-filled penguin enclosure and the opportunity to get up close and personal with the magnificent King and Gentoo Penguins. Visitors will enjoy a private Q&A session with an experienced Penguin Keeper as part of the experience. Photos of your experience are taken while you are on the ice, and are included in the price.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Permission for photos - If you are taking photos that include other people, always ask them first if they are happy for their photograph to be taken.