Taste traditional Indian & Sri Lankan cuisine right here in Auckland. Our Walking Food Tour explores the flavours and ingredients created by centuries of trade and movement across this vast region. Our dedicated foodie guide will introduce you to the best Sandringham Village has to offer and our host restaurants will share their passions and knowledge.
Meeting point: Sandringham Community Centre, 18-20 Kitchener Rd, Sandringham
Things to remember:
1. Come hungry and wear comfortable shoes!
2. Please arrive at least five minutes before the start time.
3. Tours operate rain or shine, so please dress appropriately for the weather.
4. Bring a shopping bag as we visit some great food outlets.
5. The tour can cater for vegetarian and gluten-free diets.
6. Allow 3 hours rain or shine.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.