Travel to the coastal town of Raglan, visiting Bridal Veil Falls en route. Take part in an expertly-designed sustainability project, focusing on challenges faced as a coastal town, before you enjoy a relaxing sunset boat cruise followed by camping under the stars.
Start the day with a surf lesson before a talk with local conservation experts. Then give back to the community by taking part in a beach clean up and end the day with an early evening Yoga session. In the morning a unique guided tour of the Zero Waste Centre awaits, followed by an exciting kayaking adventure of the bay.
As you travel back to Auckland, take in the stunning scenery of the Waikato region.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).