Volunteering at Kelmarna is a great way to gain practical experience with organic gardening and farm management, meet new people, and make a positive impact for your community.
Kelmarna Gardens is made possible by volunteers, and everyone has something to contribute!
We have a number of different volunteering opportunities that you can get involved in:
Farmhands (Tuesdays, 9am – 3pm)
Open Garden Volunteering (Tuesdays and Fridays, 9am – 1.30pm, & Saturdays, 9am-12pm)
Harvest Helpers (Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9am – 11am – or flexible timings)
Shop Volunteer (Saturdays, 8.30am – 12.30pm)
Farm Education Volunteer (various opportunities during school hours)
Soil Factory volunteers (Fridays, 9am – 1pm)
E-bike Rubbish Collections
Handyperson (anytime Mondays – Fridays, 8.30am – 4.30pm)
However else you can help! Please get in touch 🙂
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.