This small group guided full day trip from Auckland will take you to a trilogy of epic sights.
Head west to the wild and beautiful Waitakere Ranges where you’ll learn all about the region’s history and how the landscape was formed into the incredible creations we see today, with the amazing black sand beaches and Lion Rock at Piha, the Kitekite Falls Track and Mercer Bay Loop walk. We will walk up to the falls and around the loop walk so make sure you bring some sturdy sneakers, a hat and sunblock!
After this action packed day we head back to Auckland late afternoon.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Outdoor eating - You can expect to be eating in the outdoors, which means finding a spot on the ground to sit and enjoy your meal - make the most of this ‘el fresco’ experience!