Step into our fantastical film effects workshop and explore the worlds of horror, sci-fi and fantasy in-the-making. It’s a journey through Weta Workshop’s creative process that needs to be seen to be believed.
Learn about the film industry in New Zealand from experts in a guided journey through a hands-on and interactive, and sometimes frightening, creative workshop!
It’s the ultimate celebration of creativity: combining traditional handcraft with modern technologies.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Permission for photos - If you are taking photos that include other people, always ask them first if they are happy for their photograph to be taken.