You’ve caught wind of mystery – something hidden deep beneath the city! But what is it? You need to follow the clues, work the angles, and race the clock to uncover the truth! You and your team will be out enjoying our city’s parks and hunting down alleys looking for the answers – but hurry … if you don’t bust the case wide open now, we might never know what lies beneath!
This outdoor mystery game is a fun way to learn about some of Auckland’s history.
Upon booking you’ll be given instructions to download a free app to your phone. On game day, the game begins at Escapade where you’ll be given a game briefing and your game backpack. Using the app and the contents of your backpack you will explore the nearby streets and parks as you solve the mystery. Note. The game requires very little phone data. It’s not a strenuous walk, but it’s encouraged that you wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Game duration is up to 90 minutes
Recommended for 2-6 people. You’ll need two well-charged smartphones to share between your group.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.