The Whio tour takes you from Auckland to Wellington in just 10 days on a journey through beaches, cities, volcanic plateaus, lakes and farms! From the moment you step onboard, your tour guide will help you uncover the secrets of Aotearoa’s North Island as they share their stories and knowledge with you.
Hike some of New Zealand’s best tracks, including the world-famous Tongariro Alpine Crossing. Dig your own spa pool in the sand, see bubbling mud pools and geothermal wonderlands. Taste a delicious traditional hāngi meal and learn more about Māori culture at Lake Aniwhenua. Try to spot a rare Blue Duck at Blue Duck Station and discover how this high country farm helps conserve its endangered wildlife.
Travel with us and experience the magic Aotearoa, while supporting local, making a difference and helping to protect our environment for future generations.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.