Explore the outer coast of Pohatu Marine Reserve by kayak and marvel at its spectacular towering cliffs, rock stacks, reefs, and deep-sea caves and encounter its unique wildlife.
You will be taken on a wildlife adventure to find various seabirds, see curious New Zealand fur seals with pups playing in rock pools, little penguins and possibly even spot the world’s smallest dolphin gliding under your kayak.
There is much to see and explore under the guidance of our experienced knowledgeable guides.
Explore the outer coast of Pohatu Marine Reserve and marvel at its spectacular towering cliffs, rock stacks, reefs, and deep sea-caves.
Flea Bay Island and the impressive island arch make an added exciting attraction in settled sea conditions.
Best of all, no experience necessary! Trips are only run in settled, safe conditions. Your safety is our top priority.
• Scenic drive by 4WD mini vans
• Photos stops along the way with commentary about the area
• Fully guided by qualified and experienced staff
• All gear (life jackets, dry jackets, spray deck, dry bags for cameras…)
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Tipping is optional - Tipping in cafes and restaurants isn't common in NZ, but if you receive exceptional service, feel free to compliment the staff (and of course tip them if you would like to).