Learn the basics of surfing quickly and with plenty of fun!
The first half-hour of your lesson is spent on land discussing the in’s and out’s of surf technique and learning about the ocean. Then, we hit the water where the remainder of the time is spent!
We pride ourselves on our success rate in teaching people to stand on their surfboard in their first lesson.
We have all the necessary equipment ready for you to use, including ‘soft top’ mini malibu style surfboards and 3/2 mm wetsuits to make your first surf experience as safe and comfortable as possible.
Once you’ve had your first lesson you’ll be hooked and wanting more, so take a multi-lesson course to learn more than just the basics of surfing. Your first lesson will teach you the basics of standing but there’s so much more to learn! In your second, third, and fourth lessons you’ll perfect your standing skills, then learn to turn, and after that, we’ll teach you how to get surf ‘out the back’ and ride the green-faced waves.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.