Discover the heart of our revitalised city on a 2.5 hour Urban Explorer guided cycle tour. Christchurch is the ideal city to explore by bike, with flat elevation and purpose-built cycleways allowing easy access to the natural features and rapidly evolving urban centre we are so proud of. Let us share with you all the local highlights including heritage sites, cultural icons, hospitality hot spots, parks, gardens and more. This 2.5 hour guided cycle tour is an excellent way to become familiar with our inner city. Our passionate local guides will proudly pass on their vast local knowledge ensuring you come away with a whole new understanding of Christchurch, a bunch of recommendations for your visit and a truly memorable experience.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.