An inherent part of the Kiwi culture is volunteering or ‘giving a hand.’ By volunteering with us, it will help to promote your wellbeing and connection in our community. Your help contributes over $3.8b to the New Zealand economy.
Every volunteer role is different. There are over 230 roles on our books and we represent 300 not-for-profits or charities in our region. Some of the roles are ongoing, so search for ‘short-term’ options when you click Book Now, to see what is coming up that might fit with your travel plans.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Please and thank you - A friendly reminder to use ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ lots for all the people who will be helping you during this experience.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).