There is no need for the winter blues when you join a Smylies Tours Snow Fun Tour! It doesn’t matter if it’s your first time or you are an experienced skier or snowboarder, we look after you every step of the way.
Get yourself to Christchurch and let us look after the rest: we will pick you up and take you to our base in Springfield. You will stay at our cosy ski lodge, have a warm bed, eat some great food and enjoy time on the slopes at Porter’s.
Our package includes: accommodation, dinner, breakfast, transport, equipment, clothing rental and lift passes. A lesson is included if it is your first time.
If you are new to skiing or snowboarding, you will learn the basics with a lesson. This is a great team-building exercise as as you help each other. If you are an experienced skier or snowboarder, there is no doubt that you will develop your skills.
This experience will help you to make some new friends and explore a new part of our country!
Photo credit: Claire Newell, 2013, Broken River Ski Area, Canterbury
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.