Aerial Yoga, also referred to as anti-gravity yoga, shares a lot of similarities with traditional yoga. However, there’s a big difference. When participating in Aerial Yoga classes, the weight of your body will be supported by a hammock. This means you’ll be suspended in the air! It’s a great option for beginners & experienced yogis to expand their yogic abilities.
Book an aerial yoga class from the regular timetable or email [email protected] to arrange a personalized class for a group of 6 people for $150.
While everyone can benefit from Aerial Yoga classes, they’re especially great for people experiencing joint pain. Because of the hammock’s support, far less pressure is placed upon your joints. Aerial Yoga also doesn’t strain the spine, which is a huge advantage for back pain sufferers. Plus, it is great for activating your core & working on your spinal stabilisers. You’ll be able to obtain a full body workout without any discomfort.
For more benefits, read on here: yourprana.com/what-is-aerial-yoga-what-are-its-benefits
- Turn your phone off - Make sure you don't use your phone while your guides are talking. If you need to make a call, please ask your guide/teacher first.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.