Come exploring with us for the best day sailing Bay of Islands has to offer! Step straight off our catamaran onto the beach and explore many idyllic spots in comfort and style! There are plenty of options for activities additional to the sailing such as snorkelling and paddle boarding.
As you sail, learn about the history and ecology of the Bay of Islands, marine life and the Project Island Song wildlife sanctuary and its successful bird translocations. Take a 20m min self-guided island walk to another bay with the chance to see incredible rare native birds in the native bush on the way. Visual guides provided.
Book the Island Hopper Cruise from 10am – 4pm. Includes picnic lunch.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Outdoor eating - You can expect to be eating in the outdoors, which means finding a spot on the ground to sit and enjoy your meal - make the most of this ‘el fresco’ experience!
- Sharing kai (food) - You will be sharing food as part of this experience, so please wait until you are invited to eat. There may also be a prayer (karakia) to bless the food before it is eaten.