Print Making Workshop with Te Kowhai Print Trust at the Quarry Arts Centre in Whangarei. This is a one day ‘Carve & Print’ workshop. Create your own unique design and make a lino cut then print your design on paper. You don’t have to be arty to do this workshop. It is a chance to relax and unwind as well as to discover your creative side.
Tutor and artist, Hamish Oakley-Browne will help you develop your design, demonstrate lino cutting and printing techniques and help you create 4 x A5 paper prints featuring your own unique design to take away with you. Options to print on handmade flax paper, a t-shirt or calico material to be sewn onto a bag.
“The atmosphere, the instructor Hamish and experience was fantastic in every way.” – Sajith
Availability over summer – Dec 12th 2020, Jan 9th 2021, Jan 16th 2021.
- Wear your old clothes - This is a hands on experience where it's okay to dress casually, as your clothes may get a bit dirty while you're having fun!
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Be patient - You'll be working as part of a group, so make sure to be patient and wait your turn - we like to be fair and give everyone a go.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.