Stay one night harbourside in the township of Opononi with locals Lenny & Antoinette from Awesome Adventures. Enjoy a delicious home cooked meal and relax with Lenny and Antoinette (more often than not the guitar is whipped out!) or wander down to the local pub for a drink.
The next day join them for a Jetski Safari exploring the harbour, local historic sites and the famous sand dunes. You are out and about on the jetskis for about 4 hours. Gather your own seafood (or you can watch Lenny do it for you) and cook it! Complimentary kayaks, paddle boards, boogie boards and bicycles to use in your free time.
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Be a respectful visitor - You will be a guest during this experience, so please be respectful. Two important Māori customs are to take your shoes off indoors and avoid sitting on tables or pillows.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).
- Outdoor eating - You can expect to be eating in the outdoors, which means finding a spot on the ground to sit and enjoy your meal - make the most of this ‘el fresco’ experience!
- Sharing kai (food) - You will be sharing food as part of this experience, so please wait until you are invited to eat. There may also be a prayer (karakia) to bless the food before it is eaten.