Take a 40-minute scenic ferry ride from Paihia at 10am to stunning Otahei Bay, then start your 3-hour kayak adventure, exploring the islands and beaches a little closer by kayak. The best thing about this tour is you are already out in the islands so you do not have to paddle far to get to some breath-taking spots. We can paddle through rock gardens, check out caves and take in the amazing scenery, stopping at one of the many beautiful beaches for a swim or snorkel.
The cafe/bar at Otehei Bay has delicious food and some refreshing beverages, the area has tables and bean bags to enjoy and take in the breathtaking views and the Island is covered in easy walks around to some cultural sites, many beaches and spectacular views. Relax and enjoy until your 4:15 ferry ride back to the mainland. We use quality double kayaks for safety and enjoyment.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Please and thank you - A friendly reminder to use ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ lots for all the people who will be helping you during this experience.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Permission for photos - If you are taking photos that include other people, always ask them first if they are happy for their photograph to be taken.
- Tipping is optional - Tipping in cafes and restaurants isn't common in NZ, but if you receive exceptional service, feel free to compliment the staff (and of course tip them if you would like to).