Learn to cook some classic kiwi dishes in the Bay of Islands. Day One – Traditional Meat Pie & Lemon Meringue Pie. Day Two – Classic Fish & Chips & Classic Kiwi Pavlova. Work with QRC culinary school chefs and kitchen staff and choose from a one or two day cooking class.
Work in a high-quality commercial kitchen boasting 16 fully equipped cooking stations, complete with stainless steel work surfaces and gas cooking. Stay on campus at the QRC Student Halls of Residence from $80 per night with dinner and breakfast included.
These classes are available on Thursdays and Fridays on an enquiry basis. We need to have a minimum of 4 people to run this class. You can book either the one or two day option.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Speak slower please - Kiwis speak very quickly and use a lot of slang. Feel free to ask people to speak slower or to repeat information if you need them to!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Permission for photos - If you are taking photos that include other people, always ask them first if they are happy for their photograph to be taken.
- Sharing kai (food) - You will be sharing food as part of this experience, so please wait until you are invited to eat. There may also be a prayer (karakia) to bless the food before it is eaten.