Join us on an epic fishing adventure in the beautiful Bay of Islands! Enjoy cruising the beautiful Bay as our awesome skipper takes you to one of his favourite spots. We’ll catch some bait along the way and then it’s lines over and let the fun begin! At the end of the day, we’ll fillet and bag your fish ready to take home with you.
The May Marie is super stable, offering a smooth and comfortable ride with plenty of shade to protect from the sun and clean, flush bathroom facilities. There’s tea/coffee/water on board but feel free to bring snacks and other beverages.
Along the way, our crew will give you some insights into the kinds of fish here in the Bay and fishing sustainably. They also have some good fishing stories to tell!
Meet other fisho’s aboard a shared charter or charter the boat for a private hire. The May Marie is perfect for groups of up to 20. With private hires we can tailor your day to suit you.
A fun day out living your best life in the Bay!
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.