Are you interested in the tourism and hospitality industry but would like to experience what it’s all about before you decide? Come join us for 2 days of jam-packed activities in the Bay of Islands where you can experience QRC first-hand and learn why our college and the tourism industry are so great.
Find out more about studying at QRC, stay in our Halls of Residence overnight and visit leading hotel and tourism operations with behind the scenes access and fun activities.
1 night, 2 days and includes accommodation, food and activities. Experience QRC runs for two days over each school holidays. 2021 dates: April 20 – 21, July 13 – 14, October 5 – 6, 2021.
- Be a great listener - Have fun and stay safe by following instructions carefully.
- Be considerate of others - You’ll be part of a group, so it’s important to be kind and courteous.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.
- Hello and goodbye in Māori - If you want to start practising some basic Māori phrases, you could try using ‘Kia ora’ (hello) and ‘Ka kite’ (goodbye).