Half day cruise & snorkel on Yukon’s 16m catamaran departing picturesque Marsden Cove Marina and exploring the Whangarei Harbour and Bream Head area. Learn to snorkel in the clear deep waters allowing you to see schools of fish, kina and maybe even a turtle.
Visit Smugglers Cove, The Old Woman, spot dolphins or whales as well as seals and birds on the rocky outcrops. Learn the history of the Whangarei Harbour Marine Reserves brought about by local high school students and the inspiration behind the Experiencing Marine Reserves Program.
The cruise includes equipment – Mask, snorkel, fins and a 3mm shorty wetsuit. Swim with our staff who will capture photos and videos of your underwater adventure. Images of you enjoying your ocean experience as well as a selection of fish life photos will be sent to you via email within 7 days of your travel. Option to upgrade to include high-resolution photos and video.
- Stay safe in the outdoors - Your guides know the environment better than anyone and are there to keep you safe; listen to ALL their instructions, ALL the time.
- Be sun smart - Make sure you bring sunblock to protect yourself from the Kiwi sun (even on cloudy days!)
- Respect the environment - You will be out in nature for this experience so please help protect our environment by taking all your rubbish with you.
- Make new friends - This is a group experience so go along prepared to start conversations and make some new friends :-)
- A chance to relax - This experience is one way Kiwis like to relax and enjoy life so it will seem very relaxed. Have fun, enjoy slowing down (away from work or study) and relax!
- Be on time - While the experience will be a relaxed one, make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early so you don't keep your guides and others waiting.
- Don't be shy - Kiwis are very friendly, open people so this experience is a great opportunity to not be shy, smile lots and make some new friends.